Popular Posts

Sunday, February 13, 2011

What would you like to hear about?

e mail me, and I'll write about it.  Please make it heart surgery related.  I will start writing about the many things that I think every patient should know, and day to day things that happen, but if anyone wants some specific information, just comment here, or e mail me, and I'll write something specifically.  You may be in a rush and need the information fast.  Other than that, I'll probably ramble around like a Toquerville quail.

2 comments:

  1. Hi. Just stumbled on your blog. I have had heart disease since 1989 when I had my first heart attack; cabg in 1992; 2nd heart attack in 2008 followed by 2nd bypass, ablation for atrial flutter in 2010 and finally ablation for AF in 2012 also. I also have written a book, but for my own sake not for publishing although so far around 45 people have read it. If you would like to read it just send me an email at
    kenrh141041@gmail.com with your email address and I will send.
    Regards, Ken H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing a detailed and informative article. For lesser advanced readers and beginners here is some information. The CABG surgery is usually performed with the patient's heart stopped, making necessary the usage of cardiopulmonary bypass. Nowadays two alternative medical techniques are available that allow CABG to be performed on a beating heart. This can be achieved either without using the cardiopulmonary bypass termed as 'off-pump' surgery. Or can be achieved by performing beating surgery taking partial assistance of the cardiopulmonary bypass. This is also termed as 'on-pump beating' surgery. Source: http://www.india4health.com/CoronaryBypass.html

    ReplyDelete